This article is about the public liberal arts college in Texas. Unsourced material may mark rippetoe starting strength pdf challenged and removed. In 2015, it had over 6,000 students.
1937 when it moved to its present location off Taft Boulevard. In these years, wider recognition came to the school. In March 1948, the University became a member of the Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. In January 1959, the University added a Graduate School which received full approval from the State Board of Education in August of that year. Midwestern University became part of the Texas Colleges and Universities System and the junior college division was dissolved. In 1975, the Texas Legislature changed the name to Midwestern State University.